Making your own recipe for peach liqueur is a fun and easy project that both beginners and experienced home bartenders will enjoy. With a few simple ingredients and a little patience, you can create delicious and versatile spirits that will impress your friends and family.
|Prep: 20 mins|
Cook: 5 mins
Plus at least 1 month: 24 hrs
Total: 24 hrs 25 mins
Servings: 16 servings
Nutrition Facts (per serving)
Homemade Peach Liqueur
The peach liqueur is a delicious and versatile spirit that can be enjoyed straight or used in a variety of cocktails. While there are many options at the store, making homemade peach liqueur is a fun and rewarding process.
To make peach liqueur at home, you’ll need a few simple ingredients. Fresh peaches, vodka, sugar, and water. The key is to use ripe peaches with a rich flavor and adjust the amount of sugar to your liking. Start by washing and pitting the peaches, then finely chopping. Place the peaches in a large glass jar with a tight-fitting lid and pour in the vodka. Once the mixture has been stirred to combine, seal the jar and place it in a cool, dark place for at least a week. During this time, the vodka will absorb the peach flavor and aroma.
After a week, strain the peach-vodka mixture through a fine-mesh strainer or cheesecloth, squeezing the solids to extract as much liquid as possible. The resulting liquid is a beautiful pale orange color with a sweet, fruity aroma.
Next, make a simple syrup by mixing equal parts sugar and water in a small saucepan. Place the mixture over medium heat and stir until the sugar is completely dissolved. Allow the syrup to cool to room temperature before adding it to the peach vodka.
Pour the peach vodka and simple syrup into a clean jar or bottle, seal the container, and shake well to mix the flavors. Let the peach liqueur sit for at least a day before using it to allow the flavors to develop.
Our homemade peach liqueur is best served cold or with ice. It can also be used to make various cocktails such as B. Peach Bellini or Peach Margarita. You can also add other flavors such as herbs and spices to create your own version of peach liqueur.
Homemade Recipe for Peach Liqueur
• 1 kg (2 ¼ lb) fresh peaches, washed and sliced
• Zest from 1 lemon
• Zest from ½ orange
• 1 cinnamon stick
• 480 ml (2 cups) vodka (100 proof is preferred)
• 240 ml (1 cup) brandy
• 240 ml (1 cup) simple syrup or keto simple syrup
*Since peaches are naturally sweet, if you prefer less added sweetness, reduce the simple syrup to 120 ml (1/2 cup). For a sweeter liqueur, increase the simple syrup to 360 ml (1.5 cups).
1. In a large jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the chopped peaches and vodka. Stir to combine, then seal the jar and let it sit in a cool, dark place for at least one week, shaking the jar once a day.
2. After a week, strain the peach and vodka mixture through a fine-mesh strainer or cheesecloth, pressing on the solids to extract as much liquid as possible.
3. In a small saucepan, combine the sugar and water and heat over medium heat, stirring until the sugar is completely dissolved. Let the syrup cool to room temperature.
4. Combine the peach-infused vodka and the simple syrup in a clean jar or bottle. Seal the container and shake well to combine.
5. Let the peach liqueur sit for at least one day before using it, to allow the flavors to meld. The liqueur can be stored in a cool, dark place for up to 6 months.
Enjoy your homemade peach liqueur on its own or as a delicious addition to cocktails!
- Use ripe, juicy peaches for the best flavor. If peaches are not in season, you can use frozen peaches instead.
- The type of vodka or other neutral spirits you use will affect the final flavor of the liqueur. Choose a high-quality spirit for the best results.
- You can adjust the sweetness of the liqueur by adding more or less sugar syrup to the peach-infused vodka.
- For a smoother texture, strain the mixture through a coffee filter after straining it through a fine-mesh strainer or cheesecloth.
- Store the peach liqueur in a cool, dark place and consume it within 6 months for the best flavor.
Read More: Recipe for Peach Liqueur Aromatic and Easy to Make.