Benefits of Fennel Seeds: Spices have been ruling the Indian kitchen for many years. These spices not only enhance the taste of food but are also beneficial for your health. All you have to do is scan your spice rack and use the ingredients present in it to enhance the taste of the food. Apart from being delicious, most of these spices are full of healthy properties. One such spice which has been a part of our kitchen since ages is Saunf. The dried seeds of the fennel plant (or Foeniculum vulgare Mill.), shaped like cumin and are light green in color. Fennel has many roles in Indian food culture. From mouth freshener to desi tadka masala, we consume fennel seeds on a daily basis. But do you know that it can also be used as a cooling agent for the body. Fennel is such a spice that can help you get relief from the heat.
read this also
Eat these 4 flour roti in summer, body will get coolness, health will get many more benefits, learn here
Health Benefits of Fennel | Health Benefits Of Fennel Seeds
- There are many benefits of including fennel in your daily diet. According to Shilpa Arora, Health Practitioner, Nutritionist and Macrobiotic Health Coach, “Fennel is loaded with many health benefiting properties, which help us to keep hydrated, maintain body’s water level and control blood pressure.”
- Apart from this, fennel is rich in vitamin C and is also considered beneficial in helping reduce inflammation in the body. It further reduces your body heat and helps in controlling digestion.
- Experts suggest that drinking fennel water during summers can help you stay hydrated and beat the scorching heat outside.
- You can consume it in many ways. If you want, soak it in water overnight and consume its water in the morning.
- If you want, you can also make fennel syrup. It is made just like normal syrup.